1.17.2010

I'm consistent!

Finished another Rock N'Roll Half Marathon today.  From the map, can you guess where?





Yes, it was a tour de Phoenix.  Quite the contrast to Vegas where I was freezing.  Here, I was burning up.  It was 73 degrees which typically doesn't count as smoldering weather.  But with some humidity and not having run in anything remotely close to that temperature in several  months, it was definitely a challenge.  After the first 5K, I could feel the heat and chose to walk the next 4 miles and then switched to 1 min running with 3 minutes of walking.  Even with those adjustments, I finished in 3:18.12 just 6 minutes off my PR.  I even managed my last split to the finish at a 10:52 min/mile pace.  A new PR will be mine very soon!  Or, at the very least I'll be consistent with my last 4 half marathons finishing times being within 6 minutes of each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment