6.13.2010

Summer Is Here!

Summer has officially arrived here in Sacramento.  Gone are the days where it rains one day and then is warm the next and then you need a jacket the following day.  That has pretty much been the pattern this spring.  Those days are gone. It's been hot for several days now and today was the first long run in the heat.   Completed 9 miles and felt reasonably strong considering the heat.  Filled up my water bottle at practically every water fountain and longed for the shaded parts of the trail.  The jackrabbits seemed to be out in force.  Saw lots of them going much, much faster than me along the side of the trail.  This will probably be my last long run before heading to Philly in the summer.  I am not looking to doing the long miles in the heat and humidity of Philly.  I figure it is just another challenge to conquer as I strive to continue to progress toward my goals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment