6.22.2012

Marathon Training Update

My marathon comeback is less than six months away.  My six hour endurance run is now two weeks away.  My hope is that it will provide a good indication of what I will need to finish the marathon under six hours.  Last week I did a 16 1/2 mile training run in a little less than 4 1/2 hours.  I took it long and slow as it was incredibly hot.  I needed to stop and stretch a couple times and reapply Body Glide in places but felt reasonably ok considering it was 3 1/2 miles further than I have run in a very long time.  I moved slow for the rest of the day and I don't recommend going on a 12+ hour car ride the following day.  I think that was the hardest part of the run was the next day and peeling my stiff self out of the car during each rest stop.  I was using my Trigger Point ball on my legs throughout the trip but I haven't been that stiff in a while.  My training has slowed this week tremendously on vacation and I am concerned about getting back on the scale when I return home.  I need to get in gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment