2.13.2010

8 Mile

It was an 8 mile training run today and not as much fun as watching the movie by the same name.   I've been sick most of the week which meant no running since the half last weekend.  My calves were super tight and felt like I had telephone poles for legs.  Not much flexing happening in my lower legs at all.  I toughed it out the first mile and then sent my running partner ahead so I could walk it out.  After a mile and a half, I finally loosened up and the 2/2 pace group had caught up with me.  I ran an interval with them (at a 9:40 min/mile pace!) and thought I was going to die.  Since I didn't die as a result of that blistering pace, I went back to my original game plan of 5 minutes of running and 1 minute of walking.  Felt ok, not great, not bad, just ok for the remainder of the run.  Finished in 1 hour 56 minutes.   Still under a 15 min/mile pace even with walking over a mile.  Definitely progress.  Of course, my entire pace group was gone be the time I returned and my running buddy that I sent ahead was missing!  Turns out she missed the turn around and ran a couple extra miles.  Now that is really impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment