2.07.2010

New PR

What a difference a year makes.  Last year, I completed the 5K at the Davis Stampede.  Today, I completed the half-marathon with a new PR!  I shaved 10 minutes off my best time.  That's incredible.  It's hard to believe.  I just finished my 7th half-marathon since October.  It was great to do it with a friend who paced me the first couple miles until she broke off to finish her 10K.  Thankfully she also "paced" me the last mile.  I say pace because essentially she kept me moving forward.  I was feeling pretty worn out at the end.  My legs and feet felt fine but the energy to move fast had disappeared.  The most amazing thing is that I'm only 15 minutes from my 1999 half-marathon time and back in 1999 I was probably about 70 lbs lighter than I am now.  That's great incentive to figure out a way to drop that extra baggage.  I could be even faster!  New goal: finish under 3 hours in the Shamrock in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment