5.31.2010

Lowered My 5K Time

     Lowered my best recent 5K time by one minute, completing the No Excuses 5K in 40:34.  Since I haven't been running much lately and my training has taken a bit of a dive, I couldn't be  more pleased.  This is an fun run that uses an age-graded formula that I can not attempt to explain or understand.  What I do know is that my age-graded time was 34:50!  I can't complain about that.  Some day that will hopefully be my actual time.  I did this same race in 2005 and finished in 50:19.  I will take a 10 minute improvement in 5 years.  It's progress!
     It was also great to share this race with a first-timer from my running group.  She did awesome.  Afterwards we went out for breakfast and plotted out our training leading up to Nike.  I may have even convinced someone to train for a marathon with me in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment