3.25.2010

Hill Repeats

     The last time I did hill repeats was on a hill in Kirkland parallel to 90 that was a total beast.  It was short and very steep.   A group of girls conquered that monster again and again every Thursday night.  It was always gruesome but it made me stronger.
     Fast forward 10 years.  My running  buddy wants to run a half marathon in August with the following elevation profile.  
 I'm not sure this is exactly my idea of fun but I'm game for new adventures and at least I have time to prepare.  And there is no time better than the present.  I found a hill that is about a quarter mile long, not the steepest but a nice gradual incline.  I did a short warm-up and then attacked the hill.  I sounded like my lungs were weakly powering a sickly set of bagpipes or an accordion that has been attacked by moths.  Fortunately I didn't need CPR and my lungs were able to power the legs and arms up the hill four times.  Not bad after a ten year hiatus!  We'll see how I feel tomorrow and whether or not I begin a new Thursday tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment