3.14.2010

Shamrock'n Race Report

I finished my 8th half marathon since October and I feel like it was my best one yet.  My pace was relatively consistent throughout the race without any breakdown the last few miles of the race.  Yeah!!  The Shamrock'n folks put on a great event.  There were TONS of people there but the wave start made it so there was no need for defensive running at the start.  The course had plenty of twists and turns to keep me engaged.  My final time was 3:05.53 which was only 3 minutes off my PR which I think is fantastic considering that I missed out on several weeks of training due to illness AND I needed two potty stops along the way!  I'll monitor my recovery and then perhaps complete the half marathon in Oakland in a couple weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment