3.15.2010

Running on Water

     I did a slow 2.5 mile recovery walk/run today to loosen up the muscles from the half marathon yesterday.  I can't remember the last time I did a mid-week run.  It's been awhile.  Daylight Savings Time Rocks!!   The run was just around the neighborhood and I saw a couple red-winged blackbirds.  Back home once I downloaded my Garmin and discovered that I actually ran on water! Satellites don't lie right?  I have google map evidence.  It clearly shows that I started my run in the river and still managed to finish.  Isn't that considered a miracle?  It's even more miraculous considering I can't swim.  As the penguin said, "The miracle isn't that I finished.  The miracle is that I had the courage to start."  
     Even though I didn't literally start my run in the river, I think the image represents my journey so far.  I began running regularly only 8 months ago.  Those initial runs and half marathons were hard, much like running on water.  The thought of completing 8 half marathons in six months seems ridiculously impossible, much like running on water.  I kept finding the courage somewhere among all the daily stresses to continue.  That's my goal as I move forward.  Even if the task appears as impossible as running on water, there is always that next race, that next challenge that serves as the finish line on the horizon.   As I continue to get stronger, faster, and make progress that end point gets redefined for the next challenge.  Truly miraculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment