3.21.2010

No Excuses!

It was gorgeous today.  As I was exploring what will hopefully become my new neighborhood next week, I followed the signs to a park entrance (new to me!) to see where it entered the bike trail.  A great entry point only a couple miles from my new neighborhood.  It didn't make sense to just turn around, so I parked and went for a three mile walk along the trail.  Momentarily, I thought about how unpleasant it was going to be since I was wearing heavy jeans and a cotton t-shirt but I had a pair of older running shoes on and that's what really matters so off I went.  Now I understand the benefits of technical fabric and one of my favorite substances, Body Glide.  Walking at a good clip generated a sweat and it wasn't the most pleasant experience but I'm thankful that I got out and moved today and didn't allow excuses to interrupt.  As an extra benefit, I had a close encounter with 3 deer, an egret, AND a wild turkey!  Spring is definitely here.  I can't wait to dust off the bike and log some miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment