11.14.2009

4th Half Marathon in 6 Weeks

Completed my fourth half marathon in the last six weeks.  Maybe doing another half only six days after my last one wasn't the best idea but these races are currently on top of my stress management strategies.  The meditative aspect of endurance sports has always been a place where I have found peace.  So my plan was to walk the first 2.5 miles and then drop my walk/run intervals down to 3 minutes of running and 1 minute of walking for the remainder of the race.  With that game plan and a couple bathroom stops, I finished in 3:17.33!! Just 5 minutes slower than the week before.  WOW!!!  The body is such an amazing, adaptable gift.  I never would have thought when I began training back in August that before Thanksgiving I would have run 4 half marathons.  That is something to be thankful for.


Today's course was a much needed respite from the previous week.  Nice trail run along the river.  No cars, not too crowded, and with an ultramarathon and marathon also occurring along the course there was a steady stream of runners passing me to offer inspiration.  Hard to believe that so many of them were running three times the distance!  One day...


Now I need to find my next half marathon.  My goal for now is to stay healthy and finish under 3 hours.  After that, I can tackle my previous PR.  Here's my updated results...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment