11.21.2009

Another Race, Another PR (for this decade)

Third weekend in a row with a race!  Today's event was a 5K Turkey Trot.  The weather was foggy, cold, and damp.  Luckily no rain.   It was a crowded race which is not exactly my favorite.  Lots of defensive running and elbows early on and then weaving in and out of runners and walkers throughout the course.  My race plan was to run 4:30 and walk 1:00 with a goal of beating my 5K time earlier this year of 42:42.  I did it!  Finished with a time of 41:30.4.  Next goal < 40:00 and that will bring me closer to beaing a 5K time posted in 2000 of 39:34. The shocking thing is that I was significantly lighter in 2000 than I am now.  So to only be 2:00 minutes away from that time gives me great hope for my running future. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment