11.25.2009

Staying Healthy

I love vacation.  It's so nice to sleep in.  Even though the weather has been beautiful, I've been confined to the gym for the last several days.  My brilliant idea of doing races on three consecutive weekends then followed by an 8 mile run has caught up with me.  I'm fighting off shin splints and plantar fasciitis that's acting up.  That means lots of ice, wrapping up my shin during the day, sleeping with a splint, and lots and lots of stretching.  So far, so good at keeping the injury at bay.  It had given me a chance to focus on weights at the gym and doing more low impact cardio.  I can't believe how weak my upper body is.  I will definitely be sore tomorrow!!  Perhaps, I'll be sore enough that it will reduce my reps of heavy turkey fork lifting.   A girl can hope!    I have a 10 mile run scheduled this weekend as the final preparation before Vegas.  Not sure if that will happen.  Just striving to stay healthy and enjoy vacation while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment