11.08.2009

Found 14:33 Today During a Half Marathon

Did another half marathon and to my complete amazement it was 14 minutes and 33 seconds faster than the one I did at the beginning of October.  Hard to believe that I completed the distance in 3:12.50!  That was with walking the first mile and slowing down considerably the last 2 miles as my feet began to hurt.  It's tough to run on country roads.  The crown on the road is terrible and lots of patches on the roadway or places that need to be patched!  It makes for a bumpy ride!  Which after 11 miles, my feet were screaming ENOUGH!  So even with that I managed to I find 14 minutes and 33 seconds!  Since my average pace per mile was 14:43, that means I gained about a mile!  Now I need to find my next race, preferably on a smoother surface!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment