11.27.2009

Sweet Journey

Did my final long run before Vegas.  10 miles today along the trail.  Walked the first two miles to see how my leg would hold up (it felt fine!) and then started 5 minutes of running and 1 minute of walking for the remaining 8 miles.  Made sure to keep the pace light and easy throughout.  I felt great!!  The weather was just right.  Saw lots of wildlife, including a coyote.  It was just a nice, easy, long training run.  I finished in 2 hours 38 minutes which I find astonishing as I did a 10 mile race in late September in 2 hours and 43 minutes.   The human body is such an amazing machine that so readily adapts to stress and becomes stronger.  I would never have believed when I began training,  somewhat consistently, back in August that I would still be on my feet and enjoying the journey.    The fact that I'm making progress just makes the journey that much sweeter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment