11.02.2009

Cardio Theater

It's been about 4 months since I stepped foot in my local gym until tonight.  Cardio Theater is my new favorite thing.  It allows you to plug your headphones into whatever cardio equipment and then channel surf between various TVs, adjust the volume, and even mute during commercials! 

This is quite the discovery as I have become quite the TV junkie the last few years while I've been busy making no progress.   It was especially hard to leave home to go to the gym during the 7th inning of Game 5.  I had already been sitting on the couch in my workout clothes for 2 innings and figured it was time to go.   Only to be rewarded by the discovery of Cardio Theater.  My original workout plans called for only 30 minutes on the ellipitical but the Phillies had won before time was out so I switched over to the Saints/Falcons game without breaking stride.  With only about 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter, I'd figured no problem...finish the workout, finish the game.  A number of challenges and injury time outs later, with the Saints remaining undefeated, I had been going strong on the ellipitical for 1 hour 10 minutes, burning 700 calories.  You can't do that on the couch at home!  I'm already thinking about what's on TV tomorrow because I think I'll enjoy it on my new cardio theater at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment