11.16.2009

Next Stop, Las Vegas

Surprisingly, I'm not too sore after back to back half marathons in record time.  I think putting my feet into ice buckets following the race was very helpful.  Also, increasing my vitamin "I" (Ibuprofen) hasn't hurt my recovery either.   I need to remain on the progress train, so I located my next half marathon.  Drum roll please..... the inaugural Rock N' Roll in Las Vegas.  I did the original RNR marathon in San Diego ten years ago and it was a lot of fun.  Nothing like live music to keep you motivated.  That combined with the spectacle of running along the strip should be lots of  fun.  I found a cheap flight on Southwest so it will be a fun weekend.  I don't think I'll be ready to break 3 hours by then but with a race on the calendar, it will definitely keep my motivated for the next three weeks.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment