4.11.2010

April Showers

Today was a Winnie the Pooh Blustery Day.  My run started off with a Happy Winds-day.  The winds were out but nothing too bad.  Then, they proceeded to get worse.  I had to pull my hat down several times for fear of it flying off my head.  It was just a put your head down and keep moving forward kind of run.  Around mile 6, the rain started.   Lightly at first but then a steady rain fall for the remaining 6 miles.  The wind mixed with the rain led me to question at times if it was actually hailing.  It sure felt like it with the cold rain hitting my skin.  But no hail.  Even though running in the rain is not exactly my favorite thing to do it felt like I had the entire trail to myself.  For the last six miles, the number of wild turkeys I saw outnumbered people.  I don't know what that says about me if I'm out in weather that only wild turkeys will endure.  There were even geese flying overhead that appeared to have difficulty maintaining their course.  I finished.  I felt pretty good even though I was cold.  If it's raining next Sunday for the race, I'll be ready.  If it's not raining, I'll be ready and smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment