4.22.2010

Hills, Hills, Hills

So after starting hill trainings on Thursday about six weeks ago, I finally got someone to come out and join me tonight.  It was a good thing too.  If it wasn't for my trusty running buddy I probably would have headed home after 2 hill repeats.  Instead, I managed to do 5 hill repeats and a total workout of 2.5 miles.  Not bad for just finishing my 10th half marathon.  I keep saying 10th half marathon because it's so unbelievable to me.   I never would have thought in seven months I would have completed 10 half marathons.  Double Digits!!  Incredible.  The hill workouts are definitely responsible for helping me become stronger and be able to push harder for longer.  They aren't the most fun thing to do, so it's great to have a partner in crime to push me forward.  I probably will take a break from the long run this weekend to aid my recovery (plus I'm at a conference all weekend) so I can be ready for my next half, #11, in a little over a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment