4.03.2010

Polka-Dot Legs

     Managed to do 7 miles today.  I took an epic fall yesterday over a mattress onto my knee and then did a roll and tuck maneuver until I landed on my feet again.  Both knees and shoulder hurt for about 3 minutes from the shock and then I was totally fine.  I don't think that would have been the case only 9 months ago.  If I had fallen the same way I'm sure there would have been something broken or torn.  Yeah for improved health and flexibility.  However, I do have the bruises to show for the fall.  They have joined the collection of bruises I already have from moving boxes.  I would describe my legs as polka-dotted with bruises.  Not the most attractive look but they still worked hard for me today.
     A couple of long runs ago, my running buddy and I began plotting to form a running group with some of our coworkers.  She's in charge of recruiting and did a bang-up job!  Five additional people showed up this morning to run/walk with us.  It was awesome.  I walked/ran with someone and we did almost 3 miles which was one of her longest runs ever.  Then I headed back to the trail to find the next group of folks and finished with them.  Then, I headed out again to find the last group and my plan was to run in with them.  I caught up with them 2 miles out on their way back and managed to run one interval with them at an 11:22 min/mile pace, but that was the last time I saw them until the end.  They were running 10 miles and were super fast until the very end.  Next time, I'll need a bike to "run" with them.  That's what makes running fun...there is always room for progress and what better time than now.

No comments:

Post a Comment