4.14.2010

Confession

Dear Friendly Gym Gods,
     I have a confession to make.  It has been a very long time since my last gym visit.  It has been so long I have forgotten the combination to my lock.  I am deeply sorry of this transgression and will repent at the alter of digital workout displays and suspended televisions.                      
                                               -callipides


     Even though it has been a really long time since I set foot on an elliptical machine my progress is amazing!  My goal was always to complete 2 miles during the 28 minute weight loss workout and a couple times I made it in the past.  Looking through notes on my calendar from over a year ago, I was completing about 2.3 miles with the cool down phase.  Well tonight is definitely a new chapter in my fitness journey.  I did 2 miles on the same program and still had 5 minutes left and that didn't include the cool down!  After the 33 minutes were up, I had completed 2.85 miles!!!  A full 1/2 mile further than what I was doing before.  It's unbelievable.  Absence has definitely made the heart grow fonder (and stronger!).  I need to make the gym a part of my regular routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment