4.08.2010

Hills: Two Weeks Later

It's Thursday and Thursday means hill repeats.   I missed out last week due to moving and overall soreness and wasn't really sure how I would do tonight.  Last time I did four hill repeats and this time I wanted to do more but a late start meant I essentially repeated the workout from 2 weeks ago, allowing for comparison.  Unlike last time, I felt soooooooo much better!  My lungs did not feel like they were going to explode and I recovered fast enough to actually jog down a portion of the hill.  The best part was after my LAST hill climb I continued running for about 1/2 mile after!!  Amazing.  What a difference two weeks can make.  Not sure if two days made a difference, but one of my mile times was 10 seconds faster than the presidential mile which was run on a flat track.  I'm full of hope both for my next half marathon (PR, please!!) and the first Tuesday of May for the rerunning of the presidential mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment