4.19.2010

Extra Time

Who hasn't wished for additional time in the day?  Haven't you wondered what it would be like if you could find more time?  Today, I found time!  I looked up the official results for the River City Half and my chip time was much lower than my watch time.  The two are usually pretty close but in this case, not only did I complete a sub 3 hour half marathon, but I finished a sub 2:59 half marathon.  My final time was 2:58.25.  A full forty seconds faster than what I thought yesterday!  That 3 hour mark was obliterated!!  It is so rare that one actually finds time so this provoked great excitement.  Now, I'm only 11 minutes off my best time set in 1999!  I only need to gain about 50 seconds per mile.  With continued speed work, hill work, and dropping some pounds, I think that is totally within reach by the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment